Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wobegon Trail /St Joseph to Albany


The Wobegon Trail is probably my favorite trail to date. We have been on this section of the trail in the springtime, summer time during a rain storm and now at summers end. It has been a gorgeous, peaceful and exhilarating ride every time!


You can see how vast the countryside is in this single picture, imagine miles of this! The purple and mustard colors in these bushes were stunning and inspired my recent art which you can see on Bucolicdreaming.com .

  
A grass rainbow ...brown, orange, yellow, gray and green..... tooo beautiful!

 
Wild Turkeys out lunching....we always see a lot of animals on this trail. This time round we were stopped by a skunk who was roaming, back and forth across the trail. I was really so scared it would come towards us and spray us that i didn't dare move to get my camera. And when we finally thought it was safe to ride past him, I was determined to go as fast as I could. So sorry no pic.We also saw several birds of prey and at the end of the trail a beautiful pheasant flow up out of the grass across the trail nearly knocking me off my bike. He was gorgeous!

 

About ever 8-10 miles on these old railroad trails there is a town. Each town has a bit of old architecture and if we are lucky an antique shop.  We see the most beautiful Churches and Cathedrals. This one is in Albany. Albany was also home to a huge farm antique shop, we were excited to explore it once more but found it closed...totally empty, out of business. Darn.

 

Notice the bird of prey on top of the pines....I loved this old fence , I'm sure it will find it's way into some of my art soon.

LOL the shadow is me taking the picture. No, I don't have a tail, it is my hoodie tied around my waist. 


The town of St. Joseph is our starting and ending point for one reason....the best coffee shop ever!
Good coffee, bakery, art, atmosphere and always a cheerful crowd!

 

Next to the coffee shop is Rock House Productions (cool sign) located in an old bank.

 
Across the street from the coffee shop is  the Church Of St. Joseph's

No comments:

Post a Comment