Friday, September 14, 2012

Gateway Trail



If you bike in Minneapolis you will be familiar with the Gateway. It starts in St Paul and heads north to just past Stillwater in Grant County. Judging by the amount of traffic on the trail it is a popular trail.  A little too much traffic for my liking, every few minutes someone was passing me. The sense of calm and peace I normally get from biking isn't easy when you have to pay so much attention to who is coming or going. However the trail is green and beautiful, I image on a weekday it is fairly quiet. If you are a social rider this is the trail for you, the biking crowd is very friendly. 



Most of the north end of the trail runs alongside with a horse trail which is fun, on a weekend you will always see some beautiful horses.

I didn't stop along the trail to take pictures because of the bike traffic but at or turn around point, Pine Point Park ( the end of the trail at present) I found this wonderful mushroom, fungi, which ever?
 
 
The cattails were showing, summer is at it's peak. Boy it was a hot one.

No comments:

Post a Comment